Organic Holy Basil
All varieties of basil are helpful for producing mental clarity, focus and alertness. The potent therapeutic plant is antiseptic, pain-relieving, fever-reducing and spasm-suppressing, all of which make Basil Essential Oil ideal for helping with cold and respiratory problems. Basil can also be used to calm frazzled nerves and uplift the emotions.
The sweet, warm scent of Holy Basil offers stress and anxiety reducing effects in addition to all the other benefits of the basil species. Holy Basil is also said to increase faith and compassion, qualities that are important to the millions of spiritual seekers who consider it a treasured substance.
Here is how to use Holy Basil essential oil for various conditions:
Topical Application for localized use on the skin: Dilute up to 1-2% (5-10 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil). Whole body massage is not recommended. See precautions below.
- Migraines, headaches, anxiety, depression and other nervous disorders: Diffusion.
- Lack of energy, laziness, mental fatigue, physical fatigue, low self-esteem: Diffusion.
- Colds and all respiratory conditions: Direct Inhalation from the diffuser.
- Jet lag: Diffusion, in the morning.
- Low blood pressure: Diffusion.
Due to its unique chemical composition, Holy Basil is more irritating than other types of basil and therefore is not recommended for use on the skin. Holy Basil is also moderately toxic. Avoid using it during pregnancy.